Personal data refers to any information that pertains to an identified or identifiable person. We collect only the personal data that we are authorized to do so under applicable laws, based on the jurisdiction in question. Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of personal data that we collect.
Personal Data Type
– Identify Data: Your title, first name, last name, maiden name, date of birth, gender, photograph, nationality and other information relating to residency or citizenship.
– Contact Data: Email addresses, phone numbers, residential address.
– Background Data: Academic history, employment history, social media, skills qualifications, and credentials.
– Employment Related Data: Current and historical salary and benefits package, career goals, internal & external interview feedback.
We collect your personal data from:
– Direct interaction via phone, email and in person meetings
– Submitted CVs
– Referrals from our network
– Social media sites like Linkedin
– Third party vendors and research companies
We only use your personal data, within the bounds of the law, to:
– Provide career consultations.
– Match potential career opportunities.
– Apply on your behalf, with your explicit consent, to our clients and facilitate the interview & onboarding process.
– Share overall anonymous market trends with clients.
We only share your personal data, within the bounds of the law, with:
– Clients, after receiving your consent, to apply for a role.
– General Anonymous trends relating to salary, interests, motivations, and other information for the sake of providing holistic market updates to our network.
We take the security and protection of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal data.
- Access controls: We restrict access to your personal data to authorized personnel who need to access it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- Encryption: We use encryption to protect your personal data when it is being transmitted.
- Data minimization: We collect and process only the personal data that is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Regular backups: We regularly backup our systems and data to prevent data loss in the event of a system failure or other disaster.
- Third-party data base management: We use third-party data base management that are compliant with applicable data protection laws to process your personal data on our behalf.
While we take every reasonable precaution to protect your personal data, no system can be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
If you have reason to believe that your personal data has been compromised, please contact our office manager at any time. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a user of our website & services, you have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include:
- Right to access: You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our office manager at your earliest convenience. (email@example.com)
Please note that these rights may be subject to certain limitations or exceptions under applicable laws. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and no later than within one month after receipt of your request, unless the request is complex or numerous, in which case we may extend the response time by an additional two months. If we are unable to fulfill your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
Please direct any questions or concerns to our office manager. (officemanager@shahani- associates.com)
We reserve the right to change this policy as necessary. Changes will be notified on our website seven days before taking effect. We may make emergency changes to this policy when we believe it is reasonable to do so e.g. to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.